- Issue Time
When the kitchen faucet is damaged and cannot be used, we need to replace it with a new faucet. This article will specifically introduce the replacement method and precautions of the kitchen faucet.
After frequent use of the kitchen faucet, there may be water leakage and no water. If we find that the faucet is damaged during inspection and maintenance, we need to replace it with a new kitchen faucet. The following is the replacement method and precautions for the kitchen faucet.
1. Close the water inlet valve
Remove the small screws on or behind the faucet handle to remove the handle fixed on the faucet body, and some screws are hidden under metal buttons, plastic buttons, or plastic sheets. As long as you turn on the button, you will see the handle screw on the top. If necessary, use some penetrating lubricant like WD-40 to loosen the screws.
2. Remove the handle
Use an adjustable wrench to remove the nut, being careful not to scratch the metal. Rotate the spool or shaft, and then unscrew them.
3. Remove the screws that fix the washer
If necessary, use a penetrating lubricant to loosen the screws. Check the screws and spool, if they are damaged, replace them with new ones.
4. Replace the old washer with an identical new washer
The new gasket that matches the old one can be more suitable for the faucet. Observe the characteristics of the old gasket and replace it with the same new gasket. If the gasket is only designed for cold water, it will cause violent expansion when hot water flows through, which will block the water outlet and slow down the flow of hot water. But some gaskets can work in both hot and cold water, so you must make sure that the replacement gasket is exactly the same as the original one.
5. Install the faucet parts
Fix the new gasket to the valve core, and then reinstall the parts in the faucet. Rotate the spool clockwise. After the spool is in place, reinstall the packing nut. Be careful not to scratch the metal with the wrench.
6. Water release detection
Reinstall the handle and put the button or disc back. Turn on the water supply again and check for leaks.
1. Some water inlet hoses have been used for a long time, and the embrittlement or rust of the fasteners will cause the water inlet hose to be unable to be unscrewed for a while. You can put two or three drops of oil on the rusty part, and then take out the faucet.
2. The main point of single-hole kitchen faucet installation is to fix the accessories, such as the installation screw nut of the faucet, to avoid loosening.
3. One thing to note when installing a thermostatic kitchen faucet is that it has two hot and cold water pipes. Therefore, it is necessary to distinguish the hot and cold water pipes during installation, and they cannot be mixed, otherwise, the faucet will not flow. In addition, we also need hot and cold water filters.
4. The installation precautions of other faucets are similar to the above two types. In addition, it is necessary to confirm the quality of the faucet accessories before installation, so as not to be unusable after installation.
If you don't consider the above precautions when replacing the kitchen faucet, it may lead to the effect of replacing the new faucet. After reviewing the above, if you want to know more about kitchen faucets, you can contact us for professional solutions.
With superior technology and high-quality products, we have quickly become one of the leading manufacturers of faucets and accessories. We have a professional production team and strict quality inspection system, which can fully control the quality of our products. At the same time, we can also provide corresponding customized services and thoughtful one-stop services according to the diverse needs of customers. If you are interested in our kitchen faucets, please contact us immediately!